The list of George Lambert’s admissions and of the federal courts he is registered to practice:
Attorney licenses and admissions:
Member – District of Columbia Bar (DC bar #979327)
US District Court for the District of Columbia
Member – State Bar of Massachusetts (Mass. Bar #568769)
US 1st Circuit Court of Appeals
US 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
US 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
US 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
For currently pending representative cases, see the respective page.
ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHT OF EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE:
* managed as a consultant several international assets recovery projects, freezing of substantial assets overseas;
* participated in search, locating, and freezing the misappropriated public assets in more than 15 jurisdictions, including offshore jurisdictions;
* was involved in international high-tech international space cooperation project.
UNIVERSAL TRADING & INVESTMENT Co., Inc., Swampscott, MA, consultant in assets recovery worldwide, from 1993. Latest representative project: consulting on worldwide recovery on a $17 million judgment from London. Prior track record includes consulting on foreign law to Hale and Dorr LLP; international projects in oil sector, gold and diamond mining, aerospace, distillery industry, lumber, privatization in new markets, Pratt & Whitney; Brown-Forman; International Technology Sourcing; Allied International, Chapen Interests, Hansen Gold Mining.
U.N. INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (UNIDO), in Vienna, Austria, 1985-86.
RESEARCH, EDITORIAL WORK, PUBLICATIONS
– Contributing editor to STERLING GROUP, Inc., London, U.K., 1993-95, for Investment Strategies in the Former Soviet Union (30,000 circulation).
– Contributing editor for WORLD TRADE EXECUTIVE, Inc., Concord, MA, 1991-98, monthly East West Executive Guide on commerce and legal regulations.
– Research fellow, HARVARD CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS at HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Cambridge, MA, 1992-94.
– Research associate, HARVARD UKRAINIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Cambridge, MA, 1995-97.
– M.P.A. (master of public administration)
Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, MA, 1991-92; Focus: administration, microeconomics, macroeconomics, management, economics, finance, accounting, mathematics.
– M.A. (master of arts)
Tufts University, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Medford, MA, 1990-92; Focus: international law, economics, management.
– S.J.D. equivalent, in International Law,
Academy of MFA, Moscow, 1986-89; Focus: law of international organizations, comparative law, dissertation defended.
– Ph.D.-equivalent, History, Academy of the USSR, Moscow, 1984-86; Focus: political science and history, dissertation defended.
– M.B.A.-equivalent, cum laude, in International Finance and Banking,
State Institute-University for International Relations, Moscow, 1974-80;
Focus: banking, accounting, finance, international law, languages.
STUDIES IN LAW:
– Academy of American and International Law, University of Texas, Dallas,
– Program in International human rights law in the name of Rene Cassin, Schumann University, Strasbourg, France,
– Suffolk University Law School, Boston, night studies.
SPECIAL EXPERTISE: In the course of his work on international recovery assets, expertise related to the assets transferred in Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Curacao, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, St. Kitts.
* five books, including two in international law;
* about 80 professional articles, published in the U.S. and in U.K.
MERITORIOUS AWARDS: Receiver of research grant by the UNITED STATES INSTITUTE OF PEACE, funded by Congress, in Washington, D.C.
LANGUAGES: French, German, Italian, Russian.